Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Amorcito

Em 
knowing how to love you
               Am
puts the ink inside my pen
  B7
a thousand years will have to pass
     Em
to meet with you again

Em
I remember you at the sermon
               Am
with the sun upon your hair
        B7
and how you laughed at me
                   Em
with those eyes didn't care

  Am
I chased you down in Paris once
                 Em
and you tossed me in a stream
          B7
But I didn't say I'd seen you there
    Em
if only in a dream

              Em
and my night caps
                 Am
a bit too strong  a bit too plenty
         B7
were there when you danced F.Scott
Em
through those roaring twenties

Am
I had you in my arms once, 
         Em
on a plank out in the sea
              B7
but the life boat that had room for you
       Em
it had none for me

Em
so I sit here pining for you 
                    Am
through the centuries that pass
  B7
I know I'm going to find you
          Em
and I know that it won't last

          Em
But I can't stop chasing 
            Am
no the devils got my tail
         B7
For you see I'll hunt and search for you
              Em
till they bury me in hell

           Am
Oh the hounds have done their barking
               Em
and the gates are open wide
        B7
and through the smoke and embers
             Em
its just you I see inside